Participate in Bergen Square Day
Time & Location
About the Event
This spring, on May 18, we will celebrate the rich history and cultural diversity of Bergen Square! Located at the intersection of Bergen Avenue and Academy Street, Bergen Square is the historical heart of Jersey City. Today it is a vibrant bustling community where residents, pedestrians commuters, shoppers, students, and church-goers come together to form an extraordinary, unique urban enclave.
Ancient home to the Leni Lenape and established by the Dutch in 1660 as the first permanent European settlement in New Jersey, Bergen Square has welcomed immigrants from around the world for centuries. It now flourishes as the historical and cultural wellspring of Jersey City.
PAYING BY CHECK (This saves us the credit card fee!):
1. During the Payment part of Checkout, use the coupon code PayByCheck and click the button to the right of the coupon code.
2. Make your check out to The Journal Square Community Association and write Bergen Square Day in the memo.
3. Mail check to The Journal Square Community Association, PO Box 16237, Jersey City, NJ 07306.
- Artisan, Vintage, Craft vendor$25$250$0
- Prepared Food vendor$50$500$0
- Food Truck$50$500$0
- Non-profit info table$0$00$0